This delicious Portuguese fried horse mackerel (chicharros) with sauce recipe will leave you craving for more.
|Preparation time||15 min|
|Cooking Time||25 min|
|Ready In||40 min|
|Level of Difficulty||Easy|
1,5 Kg of horse mackerel Corn flour (to taste)Salt (to taste)Sauce:6 cloves of garlic1 whole salted pepper (to taste), choppedVinegar (to taste)1 tablespoon of crushed red pepper sauce (pimenta moída)4 tablespoons of cooking oilChopped Parsley (to taste) Get Portuguese ingredients
- Clean the mackerel, season with salt and set aside.
- Meanwhile let's prepare the sauce.
- Put the oil in a frying pan and add the sliced cloves of garlic and crushed red pepper sauce.
- Saute for about 3 minutes.
- Add the chopped salted pepper and saute for another minute.
- Add the vinegar and finely chopped parsley to taste.
- In another pan with hot oil, fry the fish previously passed in the corn flour, until they are golden brown.
- Drain them on paper towel.
- Pour the sauce over the fish and serve with baked or boiled potatoes and salad.
When you say minced ground pepper, do you mean crushed red pepper?
1 year ago, Wednesday, March 9, 2022
The real question is where can Americans living in the United States even find horse Mackerel?
2 years ago, Saturday, October 16, 2021
You might also like:
On this video, Michael Santos shows you how to make the delicious and popular, pão-de-ló (Portuguese sponge cake).
Here is a list of the top 10 most popular Portuguese bread recipes on PortugueseRecipes.ca
Great tips for when visiting Lisbon Portugal! (FULL Travel Guide).