Portuguese Fried Horse Mackerel with Sauce Recipe
Posted in: Seafood RecipesFri, Sep 1, 2017
5 out of 5 with 2 ratings
1,5 Kg of horse mackerel Corn flour (to taste)Salt (to taste)Sauce:6 cloves of garlic1 whole salted pimenta da terra (ground pepper)Vinegar (to taste)1 tablespoon of minced pimenta da terra (minced ground pepper)4 tablespoons of cooking oilChopped Parsley (to taste) * Get Portuguese ingredients & stuff
- Clean the mackerel, season with salt and set aside.
- Meanwhile let's prepare the sauce.
- Put the oil in a frying pan and add the sliced cloves of garlic and coarsely chopped pimenta da terra.
- Saute for about 3 minutes.
- Add the minced pimenta da terra and saute for another minute.
- Add the vinegar and finely chopped parsley to taste.
- In another pan with hot oil, fry the fish previously passed in the corn flour, until they are golden brown.
- Drain them on paper towel.
- Pour the sauce over the fish and serve with baked or boiled potatoes and salad.
Like this Recipe? Leave a comment!
mike Macy - 3 Months ago
The real question is where can Americans living in the United States even find horse Mackerel?