You must try this Portuguese fish and shrimp rice recipe, it is healthy, rich and very tasty.
|Ready In||45 min|
|Level of Difficulty||Easy|
1/2 lb of shrimp in shell (heads removed but save them)2 fish loins (fish of your choice)½ of a green pepper, diced½ of a red pepper, diced1 medium onion, chopped2 garlic cloves, chopped2 peeled tomatoes, cut in small piecesSalt and pepper (to taste)3 cups of water1 cup of riceOlive oil (to taste)1 bay leafParsley Get Portuguese ingredients
- Place the heads of the shrimp in a saucepan with water, salt and bring to a boil over medium heat, let it boil for about 10 minutes, strain and put aside the cooking water (throw out the heads of the shrimp).
- In a saucepan, place the olive oil, chopped onion, garlic, the bay leaf and sauté.
- Add the peppers and sauté for another 5 minutes.
- Add the peeled tomatoes and cook on a low heat for another 5 minutes.
- Over medium heat, add the water from the shrimp heads, bring to a boil and add the rice.
- After about 5 minutes, add the fish loins and 2 minutes later add the shrimp.
- Let it cook for a bit, when the rice is done, add the parsley and serve.
This is really good. Doubled the recipe to serve 6. I also added a chopped jalapeno with seeds with the bell peppers. Be sure to sea salt the water well while boiling the tails with shells.
1 year ago, Monday, November 29, 2021