This Portuguese cod stew recipe makes a fancy and delicious meal, ready in about half an hour.
|Preparation time||10 min|
|Cooking Time||25 min|
|Ready In||35 min|
|Level of Difficulty||Easy|
1 and 1/4 lbs of soaked cod2 garlic cloves2 onions1 lb of potatoes2 tomatoes1/2 red pepper1/2 orange pepper1/2 yellow pepper1/2 cup of olive oil1/2 cup of white wine1/2 cup of waterPeppermint leaves (to taste)Salt (to taste)Get Portuguese ingredients & stuff
- Cut the cod into pieces and set aside.
- Chop the garlic cloves, cut the onions into slices and place them in the bottom of a pot. Peel and cut the potatoes into slices, also put them in the pan and season with salt and mint.
- Add the cod on top, than the tomatoes in slices and the peppers in half moons.
- Season with salt and more mint and drizzle with the olive oil, add the wine and water.
- Cover the pan and cook for about 25 minutes, on a low heat, occasionally stirring the pan.
- When everything is cooked, check if it needs more salt, decorate with mint and serve.
Like this recipe? Add a comment!