This Portuguese cod stew recipe makes a fancy and delicious meal, ready in about half an hour.
|Preparation time||10 min|
|Cooking Time||25 min|
|Ready In||35 min|
|Level of Difficulty||Easy|
1 and 1/4 lbs of soaked cod2 garlic cloves2 onions1 lb of potatoes2 tomatoes1/2 red pepper1/2 orange pepper1/2 yellow pepper1/2 cup of olive oil1/2 cup of white wine1/2 cup of waterPeppermint leaves (to taste)Salt (to taste) Get Portuguese ingredients
- Cut the cod into pieces and set aside.
- Chop the garlic cloves, cut the onions into slices and place them in the bottom of a pot. Peel and cut the potatoes into slices, also put them in the pan and season with salt and mint.
- Add the cod on top, than the tomatoes in slices and the peppers in half moons.
- Season with salt and more mint and drizzle with the olive oil, add the wine and water.
- Cover the pan and cook for about 25 minutes, on a low heat, occasionally stirring the pan.
- When everything is cooked, check if it needs more salt, decorate with mint and serve.
There are no comments for this recipe.
You might also like:
On this video, Nancy from DIYwithnancyg shows you how to make the popular and delicious Portuguese sweet bread (massa sovada).
Portugal is one of the safest and expat-friendly country in Europe. If you are thinking of moving to Portugal, there are some fantastic locations to live or retire.
On this video, Nancy shows you how to make delicious Portuguese almond tarts (queijadas de amêndoa).