Portuguese Cod Stew Recipe
Posted in: Fish / Seafood
Sat, Sep 9, 2017, 19:56, 3 Months ago
3 out of 5 with 3 ratings
600 grams of soaked cod2 garlic cloves2 onions500 grams of potatoes2 tomatoes1/2 red pepper1/2 orange pepper1/2 yellow pepper100 ml olive oil100 ml white wine100 of waterPeppermint leaves (to taste)Salt (to taste)
- Cut the cod into pieces and set aside.
- Chop the garlic cloves, cut the onions into slices and place them in the bottom of a pot. Peel and cut the potatoes into slices, also put them in the pan and season with salt and mint.
- Add the cod on top, than the tomatoes in slices and the peppers in half moons.
- Season with salt and more mint and drizzle with the olive oil, add the wine and water.
- Cover the pan and cook for about 25 minutes, on a low heat, occasionally stirring the pan.
- When everything is cooked, check if it needs more salt, decorate with mint and serve.