These Portuguese carrot tarts should be illegal,, they are extra moist and delicious, enjoy them with family and friends.
14 ounces of carrots (peeled and raw)2/3 cup of pumpkin (raw pulp)1 stick of cinnamon1 and 1/4 cup of sugarPeel zest from 1 small orange1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon4 eggs1/3 cup of flour1 natural (6 oz) yogurtButter (to taste)* Get Portuguese ingredients & stuff
- Cook the carrots and pumpkin in a little water, with the cinnamon stick (until tender) and seasoned with a pinch of salt.
- When it's cooked, drain the water and puree everything.
- Preheat the oven to 180C / 355F.
- Pour the puree into a bowl and add the sugar, orange zest, the cinnamon powder and mix well.
- Add the eggs one by one, beating well between adding each, add the flour and plain yogurt and beat some more.
- Grease the muffin cups with butter and pour the preparation into them, filling only 3/4.
- Bake for about 20-25 minutes or until you stick the toothpick in them and it comes out dry.
- Serve them in paper cups.
There are no comments for this recipe.