These Portuguese carrot tarts should be illegal,, they are extra moist and delicious, enjoy them with family and friends.
|Preparation time||10 min|
|Cooking Time||1 h|
|Ready In||1 h 10 min|
|Level of Difficulty||Easy|
14 ounces of carrots (peeled and raw)2/3 cup of pumpkin (raw pulp)1 stick of cinnamon1 and 1/4 cup of sugarPeel zest from 1 small orange1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon4 eggs1/3 cup of flour1 natural (6 oz) yogurtButter (to taste) Get Portuguese ingredients
- Cook the carrots and pumpkin in a little water, with the cinnamon stick (until tender) and seasoned with a pinch of salt.
- When it's cooked, drain the water and puree everything.
- Preheat the oven to 180C / 355F.
- Pour the puree into a bowl and add the sugar, orange zest, the cinnamon powder and mix well.
- Add the eggs one by one, beating well between adding each, add the flour and plain yogurt and beat some more.
- Grease the muffin cups with butter and pour the preparation into them, filling only 3/4.
- Bake for about 20-25 minutes or until you stick the toothpick in them and it comes out dry.
- Serve them in paper cups.
There are no comments for this recipe.
You might also like:
Winter / Christmas in Lisbon, Portugal. One of the best things about Portugal during the winter season is that the country is not covered by the dark skies – this makes it stand apart from other countries in Europe.
On this video, Michael Santos shows you how to make Azorean fresh cheese (queijo fresco).
Sete Cidades is the most beautiful place in the Azores. This volcanic crater with its luminescent green and blue lakes is absolutely stunning and a must-visit during your trip.