This Portuguese salmon tart recipe makes a unique and tasty, meatless pie that will be enjoyed by everyone.
|Preparation time||20 min|
|Cooking Time||30 min|
|Ready In||50 min|
|Level of Difficulty||Easy|
For the dough:2 cups of flour5 tablespoons of butter (at room temperature)2 egg yolks1/4 cup of milk½ teaspoon of fine saltFor the filling:7 ounces of smoked salmon3 and 1/2 ounces of cucumber in vinegar5 ounces of grated mozzarella cheese3/4 cup of heavy of cream3 eggs1 sprig of basil Get Portuguese ingredients
- Place the flour on a workbench, make a cavity in the center and add the remaining ingredients indicated for the dough.
- With your fingertips, work the dough from the center out until you get a homogenous preparation (if necessary add a little more milk, but be careful that the dough does not get too soft).
- Transfer the dough to a plastic bag, close and let it sit for 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes, place the dough on a floured work surface, and line it with a 25 cm in diameter removable bottom tray.
- First add the cucumber sliced in medium slices, the salmon cut into strips and the chopped basil.
- Sprinkle with the grated cheese and pour over the mixture of the cream with the beaten eggs.
- Bake at 190C / 375F for about 30 minutes.
There are no comments for this recipe.
You might also like:
Madeira wine is a fortified wine that comes from the Madeira Islands in Portugal. It is known for its unique flavor profile and longevity, here is a list of the top 10 Madeira wines.
It only takes 30 minutes to make these 3 ingredient coconut cupcakes which are a treat for anytime of the day, enjoy with a cup of tea or coffee.
The Azores are not the most obvious place to consider for a vacation, but they are one that is worth considering if you are looking for something different from the norm.