Portuguese Lentil & Chickpea Soup Recipe
Posted in: Soups / Stews
Wed, Sep 13, 2017, 08:08, 1 Week ago
5 out of 5 with 2 ratings
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- 1 cup of brown or green lentils, rinsed
- 1 cup of canned chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup of tomatoes, chopped
- 1/4 cup of olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon of paprika
- 1 cup of vegetable broth
- 2 cups of water
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large saucepan, add the olive oil, chopped onion, garlic, and celery. Let it cook for 3 to 4 minutes on medium heat.
- Pour the water, vegetable broth, lentils, chickpeas, tomatoes, paprika, and teaspoon of salt into the saucepan and stir it well.
- Let it simmer for about half an hour on medium low heat while covered, until the lentils are soft and tender. Keep stirring occasionally.
- Once done, season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour into bowls and serve.