Portuguese Chicken with Lemon Recipe
Posted in: Poultry
Wed, Sep 13, 2017, 13:16, 1 Week ago
5 out of 5 with 1 ratings
- 1 whole chicken
- 1 lemon
- 1 chouriço sausage
- 1 onion
- 1 beer
- Black or white pepper (to taste)
- Salt (to taste)
- Olive oil (to taste)
- Paprika (to taste)
- Thyme (to taste)
- In a frying pan put a string of olive oil and the chouriço sausage cut into pieces, than add the chopped onion.
- Season with salt, black pepper and thyme.
- Remove from the heat when the onion is golden brown.
- Season the inside of the chicken with black pepper and salt.
- Stuff the chicken with the chouriço and onion and then with the lemon.
- Place a string of olive oil on the chicken, salt and black pepper, and finally the paprika, spreading the seasoning throughout the chicken with your hands.
- On a big enough pyrex, pour the beer and then add the chicken.
- Cover the container with aluminum foil.
- Bake for 1 hour at 375 F.
- When it's ready, remove the chicken from the oven, place on a dish, remove the lemon and squeeze it in the sauce, and on the filling.
- Place the filling in a bowl and drizzle with the sauce.