Portuguese Pork Tenderloin with Bacon Recipe
Posted in: Pork
Wed, Sep 13, 2017, 14:19, 1 Week ago
5 out of 5 with 1 ratings
- 1 kg / (2 1/4 pounds) of pork tenderloin
- 100 grams / (3 1/2 ounces) of raw bacon cut into slices
- 6 cloves of garlic
- 2 tablespoons of honey
- 1 tablespoon of Worcestershire sauce
- 100 grams / (3 1/2 ounces) of margarine
- 100 ml / (6 3/4 tablespoons) of olive oil
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
- Pepper (to taste)
- Oregano (to taste)
- Salt (to taste)
- Put the pork tenderloin on a baking dish. With a sharp knife give it 4 to 5 cuts across the loin and place the bacon slices in the cuts. Season with salt, honey, pepper, cinnamon, oregano, unpeeled crushed garlics, Worcestershire sauce, olive oil and the margarine cut into small pieces.
- Marinate for about 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC / (350ºF).
- Bake the loin until golden brown, about 1 hour and 30 minutes. Occasionally drizzle the tenderloin with the sauce.
- Turn off the oven and serve the loin with fries or white rice.