These Portuguese cinnamon-sugar twists (torcidos) recipe make a delightful snack, perfect for those afternoon sugar cravings.
|Preparation time||15 min|
|Cooking Time||15 min|
|Ready In||30 min|
|Level of Difficulty||Easy|
5 cups of flour3 tablespoons of vinegar2 tablespoons of olive oil1 tablespoon of baking powder4 tablespoons of sugar3/4 cup of warm milk1 tablespoon of salt3 eggs1/2 cup of butter, softened Get Portuguese ingredients
- Whisk the eggs with a fork.
- In a bowl, put the flour and make a hole in the middle.
- Then add the butter, oil, baking powder, sugar, milk, salt and eggs.
- Mix well with your hands until a dough does not stick to your hands.
- Finally add the vinegar.
- If necessary, add more flour to the dough if it still sticks to your hands.
- On a clean surface dusted with flour, take half of the dough, open slightly with your hand, and then roll it until you have medium thickness.
- Cut the dough in rectangles.
- Make a vertical cut right in the center of the rectangle and place the sides through the opening. (Be creative and have fun, create the twist of your choice)
- Repeat the process (7 to 9) with the other half of the dough.
- In a frying pan with hot oil over medium heat, fry the twists until golden brown.
- Sprinkle with sugar and cinnamon and enjoy.
There are no comments for this recipe.