Portuguese Alentejo Soup Recipe
Posted in: Soups / Stews
Sep 27, 2017
3 out of 5 with 6 ratings
500 grams of butter beans150 ml of olive oil½ of a cabbage, chopped2 medium carrots, choppedFrench leek, chopped (to taste)100 grams of pumpkin, cut into cubes½ medium onion, chopped2 garlic cloves, chopped1 turnip, chopped1 medium ripe tomato, chopped1 teaspoon of sweet pepperWhite pepper (to taste)Salt (to taste)
Get groceries & other stuff
This site uses US measurements.
- Place the beans in water.
- The next day cook the beans in the same water with salt and a drizzle of olive oil in a pressure cooker for 18 minutes.
- After the beans are cooked, place the cooking water in a pan, combine the olive oil, the onion, the garlic cloves, the carrots, the leek, the tomato, the pumpkin, the turnip and the cabbage.
- Season with the white and sweet pepper and let it cook on a low heat until everything is cooked.
- Add the beans and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Accompany this soup with fried fish.