Portuguese Alentejo Soup Recipe
- Place the beans in water.
- The next day cook the beans in the same water with salt and a drizzle of olive oil in a pressure cooker for 18 minutes.
- After the beans are cooked, place the cooking water in a pan, combine the olive oil, the onion, the garlic cloves, the carrots, the leek, the tomato, the pumpkin, the turnip and the cabbage.
- Season with the white and sweet pepper and let it cook on a low heat until everything is cooked.
- Add the beans and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Accompany this soup with fried fish.
You Might Also Like These