Portuguese Moist Orange Cake Recipe
Posted in: Cakes / Cheesecakes
Sep 27, 2017
3 out of 5 with 250 ratings
3/4 cup of butter2 and 1/2 cups of sugar6 eggs (yolks and whites seperated)2 and 1/2 cups of flour2 teaspoons of baking powderJuice and zest from 1 orangeToppingJuice from 2 oranges1/4 cup of sugar
Get Portuguese groceries & other stuff
This site uses US measurements.
- In a large bowl, add the butter and sugar and mix until the sugar dissolves .
- Add the egg yolks, stirring well, than add the orange juice and zest.
- Sift the flour with the baking powder and add to the previous preparation.
- Add the beaten egg whites and mix carefully.
- Put in a greased and dusted with flour cake pan, and bake at 180C / 355F for about 40 minutes.
- Mix the juice of the 2 oranges with the 50 grams of sugar until the sugar dissolves completely and add it over the cake when the cake is cool.