This penne pasta with chicken is very creamy and delicious, it does take a little while to make, but it is worth it.
|Preparation time||15 min|
|Cooking Time||1 h 15 min|
|Ready In||1 h 30 min|
|Level of Difficulty||Moderate|
300 grams or 10 ounces of whole penne pasta2 chicken breasts1 chopped onion2 cloves of garlic, minced2 grated carrots1 can of mushrooms1/2 cup of olive oil2 cups of milk1 tablespoon of margarine1 1/2 tablespoon of flour1 Knorr bouillon chicken cube100 grams or 3 and 1/2 ounces of mozzarella cheeseNutmeg (to taste)Pepper (to taste) Get Portuguese ingredients
- In a pot of boiling water, cook the chicken.
- Remove the chicken from the heat when its cooked, let it cool and cut into small pieces, reserving the water.
- Preheat the oven to 180C / 355F.
- Heat the milk in a pan, when it boils add a little salt, the nutmeg and pepper.
- In a frying pan melt the butter and incorporate it with the flour, add this to the boiled milk and stir with a whisk to avoid any lumps.
- When the sauce comes to a boil it will thicken, remove from the heat and set aside.
- In the water where you boiled the chicken, cook the pasta according to the instructions on the package, or according to personal taste, once cooked, drain and set aside.
- In a large saucepan, heat the olive oil, when the oil is hot, add the onion and chopped garlic, when the onion is half braised, add the grated carrots, the mushrooms (drained) and let it braise another 5 minutes, stirring occasionally so it doesn't stick.
- Next add the chicken, the Knorr cube, the pepper and some nutmeg and let it cook another 5 minutes.
- Add 3/4 of the milk sauce you made previosuly, stirring constantly and cook for 2 minutes.
- Next, turn off the heat, add the pasta and mix well.
- Put everything in a baking dish, cover with rest of the milk sauce and sprinkle with the Mozzarella cheese.
- Bake in the oven for 10 to 15 minutes.
There are no comments for this recipe.