Portuguese Chicken Wings Recipe
Posted in: Poultry
Oct 1, 2017
5 out of 5 with 4 ratings
1 kg of chicken wings, cut in half and without the tips2 tablespoons of olive oil1 teaspoon of garlic powder1 tablespoon of piri-piri sauce1 teaspoon or cayenne pepperBlack pepper (to taste)Lemon juice (to taste)Salt (to taste)For the sauce:4 tablespoons of butter2 tablespoons of piri-piri sauce2 tablespoons of ketchup3 tablespoons of cider vinegar3 tablespoons of honey1 teaspoon of cornstarch Get these ingredients & more
- In a container that has a lid, season the chicken wings with salt, the garlic powder, piri-piri sauce, cayenne pepper, black pepper, olive oil and 1/4 lemon juice.
- Put the lid on the container and shake well, so the seasoning is well spread.
- Let it marinate for 1 hour.
- Meanwhile to make the sauce, in a small pan, dissolve the cornstarch with the vinegar, add the ketchup, the piri-piri sauce, the honey and the butter.
- Place it on the heat and let the butter melt.
- When it turns into a homogeneous sauce, remove it from the heat.
- In a baking tray previously brushed with olive oil, place the chicken wings with the skin facing downwards, so that they don't stick together.
- Preheat the oven to 230C or 445F and bake for 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes, remove the tray with the wings and brush them with the sauce.
- Turn them skin up and brush them again.
- Return them to the oven for another 10 minutes.
- When the chicken wings are golden brown and caramelized, remove them from the oven.
- If you want the chicken wings to have the most intense flavor, brush them again with the sauce or serve the sauce seperately.
- You can also serve with another sauce of your choice.
You Might Also Like These