An incredibly tasty Portuguese veal steak (bife de vitela à portuguesa), served with Portuguese style chips.
|Preparation time||10 min|
|Cooking Time||35 min|
|Ready In||45 min|
|Level of Difficulty||Easy|
4 veal steaks4 bay leaves4 cloves of garlic4 tablespoons of olive oil1 teaspoon of saltPepper (to taste)4 slices of hamParsley (to taste)Vinegar (to taste)1 and 1/2 lb of potatoes1 and 1/4 cups of white wine Get Portuguese ingredients
- In a frying pan with the olive oil, add the bay leaf and the crushed garlic.
- Put the steaks in the pan and fry them until they reach your desired taste, remove and set aside.
- In the same frying pan, add the strips of ham, fry lightly and remove.
- Add the white wine to the olive oil in the frying pan and keep on the heat for a few minutes.
- Peel the potatoes, cut them into thick slices, fry them in olive oil and season with salt.
- Place the steak in each plate, add a slice of fried ham on top, garnish with the bay leaf and cloves of crushed garlic and add the chips around it.
- Drizzle with the wine/olive oil sauce, sprinkle with the chopped parsley and add a few drops of vinegar over the ham.
There are no comments for this recipe.
You might also like:
The Sanctuary of Bom Jesus do Monte (also known as Sanctuary of Bom Jesus de Braga) is located in the city of Braga, Portugal. It is located in the vicinity of the Sanctuary of Our Lady of Sameiro.
Watch Nancy step by step on this video to learn how to make this delicious Portuguese octopus stew.
The Azores are not the most obvious place to consider for a vacation, but they are one that is worth considering if you are looking for something different from the norm.
The first thing that comes to mind when thinking of olives is a little bowl on a bar counter or ordering a small bowl to go with your dinner in a restaurant. They are very popular on buffets because of their...
Check out our video and find out why decided to retire in Portugal instead of Spain or the United States.
My top 7 recommended dishes on the stunning and beautiful island of Madeira!