This Portuguese cod with eggs recipe is too good to not share with friends and family, enjoy.
4 medium sized pieces of cod1 kg of potatoes2 onions1/2 cupl of olive oil2 garlic cloves5 eggsSalt (to taste)Pepper (to taste)Chopped parsley (to taste)Flour1 liter of oil, for fryingGet Portuguese ingredients & stuff
- Peel the onions and cut into thin half moons.
- Peel the garlic cloves and chop them.
- Peel the potatoes, cut them into slices, wash them and fry them in the oil, draining them after they are done.
- Pass the cod in the flour, and fry it on the olive oil, when it is fried on both sides remove it.
- Put the onion and garlic in the frying pan with the olive oil, stir and cook until the onion is tender, season with salt and pepper, leave it for a minute or two and turn off the heat.
- Turn the oven to 180C / 355F.
- In a baking dish, add the potatoes, then the cod, and finally, the onion and garlic with the olive oil over it.
- Beat the eggs as if they were for an omelette, season with salt and pepper and drizzle over the cod and potatoes.
- Bake until the eggs are cooked.
- Remove and serve sprinkled with chopped parsley.
Like this Recipe? Leave a comment!
There are no comments for this recipe.