This Portuguese horse mackerel with roasted pimento sauce recipe makes a delicious meal for one person.
2 large horse mackerel1 clove of garlic1 small onion1 red pepper2 medium sized potatoesOlive oil (to taste)Vinegar (to taste)Parsley (to taste)Salt (to taste)Pepper (to taste)* Get Portuguese ingredients & stuff
- Season the horse mackerel with salt and place aside.
- Roast the pepper in the stove burner, when it's well roasted, put it inside a plastic bag, close it well and put aside.
- Peel the potatoes, cut them into four and cook them in salt-water.
- Place a string of olive oil on a baking sheet, add the horse mackerel and bake them in a preheated oven at 180C or 355F for 30 minutes, turning them after 15 minutes.
- Remove the pepper from the bag, remove the skin, cut it into cubes.
- In a container with a lid, add the cut pepper, chopped parsley, onion, garlic, the olive oil, vinegar, and season with salt and pepper.
- Cover the container and shake it well to emulsify the sauce.
- Pour the sauce over the horse mackerel and accompany with the cooked potatoes.
There are no comments for this recipe.