This Portuguese horse mackerel with roasted pimento sauce recipe makes a delicious meal.
|Preparation time||10 min|
|Cooking Time||30 min|
|Ready In||40 min|
|Level of Difficulty||Easy|
2 large horse mackerel3 cloves of garlic1 small onion1 red pepper6 medium sized potatoesOlive oil (to taste)Vinegar (to taste)Parsley (to taste)Salt (to taste)Pepper (to taste) Get Portuguese ingredients
- Season the horse mackerel with salt and place aside.
- Roast the pepper in the stove burner, when it's well roasted, put it inside a plastic bag, close it well and put aside.
- Peel the potatoes, cut them into four and cook them in salt-water.
- Place a string of olive oil on a baking sheet, add the horse mackerel and bake them in a preheated oven at 180C or 355F for 30 minutes, turning them after 15 minutes.
- Remove the pepper from the bag, remove the skin, cut it into cubes.
- In a container with a lid, add the cut pepper, chopped parsley, onion, garlic, the olive oil, vinegar, and season with salt and pepper.
- Cover the container and shake it well to emulsify the sauce.
- Pour the sauce over the horse mackerel and accompany with the cooked potatoes.
There are no comments for this recipe.
You might also like:
On this video Tia Maria shows you how to make Portuguese arroz doce (rice pudding) step by step.
Azores - an extremely green and isolated place, with a unique climate and ecstatic scenery. In this episode we will travel to San Miguel, Faial, Flores Islands and see what the largest endemic collection of plants...
Portuguese food tends to use a small amount of seasonings, usually only added to enhance the natural flavor and high quality of the ingredients used.