This Portuguese rice with mussels recipe (arroz de mexilhão) makes a very tasty dish, enjoy.
|Preparation time||10 min|
|Cooking Time||35 min|
|Ready In||45 min|
|Level of Difficulty||Easy|
1 kg of mussels200 ml of white wine1 onion3 cloves of garlic2 ripe skinless and seedless tomatoes700 ml of hot water350 grams of riceSalt (to taste)Pepper (to taste)Piri piri sauce (to taste).Coriander (to taste) Get Portuguese ingredients
- Once well washed, place the mussels in a pan with the wine.
- Cook with the pan covered until the shells open.
- Once cooked, remove the mussels and strain the broth through a mesh strainer with a cloth inside.
- Saute the onion and garlic in pieces and let it soften.
- Add the broth, hot water, tomatoes (cut into pieces) and rice.
- Season with salt, pepper, piri piri sauce and cook for ten minutes.
- Meanwhile, remove the shells from the mussels, and set aside a few to decorate.
- Finaly, add the mussels without a shell and the chopped coriander to the pan.
- Cook for two minutes.
- Serve with the reserved mussels.
There are no comments for this recipe.
You might also like:
Thanksgiving Day, annual national holiday in the United States and Canada celebrating the harvest and other blessings of the past year.
People who eat more vegetables and fruits as part of an overall healthy diet are likely to have a reduced risk of some chronic diseases.
On this video, Nancy from DIYwithnancyg, shows you step by step, how to make the popular Portuguese sponge cake (pão de ló ).