Portuguese Rice with Mussels Recipe
- Once well washed, place the mussels in a pan with the wine.
- Cook with the pan covered until the shells open.
- Once cooked, remove the mussels and strain the broth through a mesh strainer with a cloth inside.
- Saute the onion and garlic in pieces and let it soften.
- Add the broth, hot water, tomatoes (cut into pieces) and rice.
- Season with salt, pepper, piri piri sauce and cook for ten minutes.
- Meanwhile, remove the shells from the mussels, and set aside a few to decorate.
- Finaly, add the mussels without a shell and the chopped coriander to the pan.
- Cook for two minutes.
- Serve with the reserved mussels.
You Might Also Like These