Portuguese Rice with Mussels Recipe
SHARE THIS RECIPE
Posted in: Fish / Seafood
Oct 5, 2017
3 out of 5 with 9 ratings
1 kg of mussels200 ml of white wine1 onion3 cloves of garlic2 ripe skinless and seedless tomatoes700 ml of hot water350 grams of riceSalt (to taste)Pepper (to taste)Piri piri sauce (to taste).Coriander (to taste)
- Once well washed, place the mussels in a pan with the wine.
- Cook with the pan covered until the shells open.
- Once cooked, remove the mussels and strain the broth through a mesh strainer with a cloth inside.
- Saute the onion and garlic in pieces and let it soften.
- Add the broth, hot water, tomatoes (cut into pieces) and rice.
- Season with salt, pepper, piri piri sauce and cook for ten minutes.
- Meanwhile, remove the shells from the mussels, and set aside a few to decorate.
- Finaly, add the mussels without a shell and the chopped coriander to the pan.
- Cook for two minutes.
- Serve with the reserved mussels.
You Might Also Like These