This Portuguese roasted chicken with chouriço recipe doesn't take much time to prepare and makes a delicious meal.
|Preparation time||15 min|
|Cooking Time||1 h|
|Ready In||1 h 15 min|
|Level of Difficulty||Easy|
1 medium chicken1 chouriço3 cloves of garlic1 tablespoon of mild pepper1 tablespoon of lard1 tablespoon of margarine1 kg of potatoes1 teaspoon or paprika1 small chilli pepper200 ml of white wineOlive oil (to taste)Half of a lemonParsley (to taste) Get Portuguese ingredients
- Cut the chicken in half, wash and dry.
- Rub it with the half lemon.
- In a blender, make a paste with the chouriço, garlic, parsley, and chilli pepper.
- Then in a bowl mix the paste with the mild pepper, lard, margarine (melted), and rub the chicken with this paste.
- Meanwhile, peel and cut the potatoes, season with salt, the paprika and a string of olive oil. Arrange everything on a baking tray (potatoes and chicken), sprinkle with the white wine and put it in the oven for about an hour at 180 °C or 350 °F.
- During cooking, once in a while just add some of the juices/sauce from the bottom of the pan, over the chicken and potatoes.
There are no comments for this recipe.
You might also like:
A couple who have travelled all over the world, decided to settle in Portugal. They purchased a farm, renovated it and now are moving in.
Anyone who has ever been to Portugal will probably know them: the small, mostly blue square ceramic tiles, the so-called 'azulejos'.
This is a list of the top 5 most popular beef recipes on PortugueseRecipes.ca.
Opened in 1956, Marisqueira Cervejaria Ramiro is a Lisbon institution. Chef Pedro M.P. Goncalves talks to us about his family-run restaurant known for serving some of the city’s best seafood. All dishes are shared,...
Watch this video to find out the 10 best places to retire in Portugal.
Cozido (boiled meal) cooked by the steam of the volcano in Furnas, Azores, Portugal.