Portuguese Roasted Chicken with Chouriço Recipe
Posted in: ChickenSun, Oct 8, 2017
5 out of 5 with 66 ratings
Views: 68517 - Comments 0
1 medium chicken1 chouriço3 cloves of garlic1 tablespoon of mild pepper1 tablespoon of lard1 tablespoon of margarine1 kg of potatoes1 teaspoon or paprika1 small chilli pepper200 ml of white wineOlive oil (to taste)Half of a lemonParsley (to taste) Get Portuguese ingredients
- Cut the chicken in half, wash and dry.
- Rub it with the half lemon.
- In a blender, make a paste with the chouriço, garlic, parsley, and chilli pepper.
- Then in a bowl mix the paste with the mild pepper, lard, margarine (melted), and rub the chicken with this paste.
- Meanwhile, peel and cut the potatoes, season with salt, the paprika and a string of olive oil. Arrange everything on a baking tray (potatoes and chicken), sprinkle with the white wine and put it in the oven for about an hour at 180 °C or 350 °F.
- During cooking, once in a while just add some of the juices/sauce from the bottom of the pan, over the chicken and potatoes.
Recipe & Photo Credit: amoresabores.blogs.sapo.pt