Portuguese Carrot Tarts Recipe
Posted in: Snacks
Oct 8, 2017
0 out of 5 with ratings
500 grams of carrots2 eggs1 cup of sugarZest from 1/2 a lemon1/4 cup of margarine3 tablespoons of cornstarch flour
- Begin by cooking the peeled carrots in water with salt and the cinnamon stick.
- Once the carrots are cooked, drain and remove the cinnamon stick.
- Puree the carrots.
- Melt the margarine and let it cool.
- Beat the carrot puree with the sugar, the egg yolks, the lemon zest and the margarine in a mixer.
- Add the cornstarch flour and stir.
- Beat the 2 egg whites in a saucepan and add it to the mixture, without beating, stir it well.
- Divide the mixture in greased cupcake pan with cups dusted with flour.
- Place it in a preheated oven at 200 ºC or 390 ºF .
- After 15 minutes reduce the temperature to 180 ºC or 350 ºF.
- Bake for about 40 minutes.
- After 40 minutes test it with a toothpick, if it comes out dry, they are ready.
- Remove them from the oven.
- Let them cool and unmold.