The light and zesty avocado and lemon cake with lemon flavored icing is delicious.
|Preparation time||15 min|
|Cooking Time||30 min|
|Ready In||45 min|
|Level of Difficulty||Easy|
1 avocado2 cups of flour2 and 1/4 cups of sugar4 eggs1/2 cup of oil1/2 cup of tropical fruit juiceZest of 1 lemon2 teaspoons of baking powderFor the icing:1 cup of powdered sugar3 tablespoons of milk1 tablespoon of lemon juice Get Portuguese ingredients
- Peel the avocado and cut it into pieces.
- Put in a blender the sugar, egg yolks, avocado, oil, juice and lemon zest.
- Mix everything very well.
- Sift the flour with the baking powder, add to the mix and stir well.
- Beat the egg whites, once they are firm add to the mix and stir gently (don't beat).
- Pour the dough into a greased and floured form and bake at 180 °C or 350 °F on a preheated oven for about 30 minutes.
- For the icing, mix the sugar with the milk and the lemon juice.
- Mix very well and place it in the refrigerator to thicken.
- Pour the icing over the cake once the cake is cold and unmolded.
There are no comments for this recipe.
You might also like:
A Top 10 count down from the archives of all of Jamie's classic food tricks and tips to make you a ninja in the Kitchen.
Doubtlessly, getting a type 2 diabetes diagnosis might be overwhelming. First, you have the worry of knowing that you have an ailment that needs to be closely monitored by doctors.
Lisbon is one of Europes most historic and up and coming cities, and with new chefs, both local and international, making waves in modern Portuguese cuisine, here ere are some suggestions for restaurants to try...