Portuguese Avocado & Lemon Cake Recipe
Posted in: Cakes / Cheesecakes
Oct 8, 2017
4 out of 5 with 13 ratings
1 avocado2 cups of flour2 and 1/4 cups of sugar4 eggs1/2 cup of oil1/2 cup of tropical fruit juiceZest of 1 lemon2 teaspoons of baking powderFor the icing:1 cup of powdered sugar3 tablespoons of milk1 tablespoon of lemon juice
Get groceries & other stuff
This site uses US measurements.
- Peel the avocado and cut it into pieces.
- Put in a blender the sugar, egg yolks, avocado, oil, juice and lemon zest.
- Mix everything very well.
- Sift the flour with the baking powder, add to the mix and stir well.
- Beat the egg whites, once they are firm add to the mix and stir gently (don't beat).
- Pour the dough into a greased and floured form and bake at 180 °C or 350 °F on a preheated oven for about 30 minutes.
- For the icing, mix the sugar with the milk and the lemon juice.
- Mix very well and place it in the refrigerator to thicken.
- Pour the icing over the cake once the cake is cold and unmolded.