Portuguese Creamy Potatoes with Cod Recipe
Posted in: Seafood RecipesWed, Oct 11, 2017
4 out of 5 with 59 ratings
1 kg of potatoes2 large loins of cod1 large onion, thinly sliced1 large garlic clove, minced3 tablespoons of olive oil1/2 a liter of whole milk200 ml of cream1 bay leafFreshly ground pepper (to taste)Salt (to taste)Nutmeg (to taste) * Get Portuguese ingredients & stuff
- Bring the milk with the bay leaf to a boil, remove it from the heat and pour it over the cod, cover and leave it for 30 minutes.
- Peel the potatoes and cut them into thin slices.
- Wash the potatoes well and drain.
- Drain well the cod (place the milk aside), shred it and remove any spines.
- Sauté the onion in hot oil until it is soft but without gaining color, add the chopped garlic and stir.
- Add the cod, well drained, stir and set aside.
- Put the potatoes in a pan and cover with the cream, the milk, add a little salt, and bring to the heat.
- As soon as it boils, cook for 5 minutes on a low heat and with the pot covered and then remove it from the heat.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C or 350°F.
- In a baking dish, place the cod and add the potatoes on top with the cream in layers and sprinkle with nutmeg.
- Bake for 35 minutes until golden brown.
Like this Recipe? Leave a comment!