Portuguese Orange and Butter Cake Recipe
Posted in: Cake RecipesThu, Oct 12, 2017
4 out of 5 with 10 ratings
- Grease a round cake pan with butter and sprinkle the bottom with 50 grams of sugar.
- Cut an orange into thin slices and place on the bottom of the pan.
- Preheat the oven at 180ºC or 350ºF.
- Beat the butter with the remaining sugar (250g) and add the egg yolks, beating between the addition of each egg.
- Sift the flour with the baking powder and add it to the dough, add the orange zest and the juice from the 2 oranges.
- Beat the egg whites and add to the dough, mixing carefully.
- After obtaining a homogeneous dough, pour it in the cake pan and bake for about 50 minutes.
- Mix the two tablespoons of orange juice with the sugar and microwave for 1 minute.
- Unmold and serve the cake brushed with the orange jelly.