This orange and butter cake is loaded with orange flavor and is perfect for a snack or dessert.
|Preparation time||15 min|
|Cooking Time||50 min|
|Ready In||1 h 5 min|
|Level of Difficulty||Easy|
1 and 1/2 cups of sugarZest and juice from 2 oranges1 cup of butter2 cups of flour6 eggs1 teaspoon of baking powderButter (to grease the cake pan)2 tablespoons of orange juice1 tablespoon of sugar Get Portuguese ingredients
- Grease a round cake pan with butter and sprinkle the bottom with 50 grams of sugar.
- Cut an orange into thin slices and place on the bottom of the pan.
- Preheat the oven at 180ºC or 350ºF.
- Beat the butter with the remaining sugar (250g) and add the egg yolks, beating between the addition of each egg.
- Sift the flour with the baking powder and add it to the dough, add the orange zest and the juice from the 2 oranges.
- Beat the egg whites and add to the dough, mixing carefully.
- After obtaining a homogeneous dough, pour it in the cake pan and bake for about 50 minutes.
- Mix the two tablespoons of orange juice with the sugar and microwave for 1 minute.
- Unmold and serve the cake brushed with the orange jelly.
There are no comments for this recipe.