This Portuguese honey and tea cake is tender and moist and has tremendous flavor, enjoy.
|Preparation time||15 min|
|Cooking Time||35 min|
|Ready In||50 min|
|Level of Difficulty||Easy|
4 eggs1 cup of sugar3 tablespoons of honey, well filled (2 for the cake and 1 for the end)1 cup of hot tea of your choice2 cups of flour1 teaspoon of baking powder Get Portuguese ingredients
- Separate the egg yolks from the whites, whisk the egg whites until stiff and set aside.
- Beat the egg yolks with the sugar, add the honey and beat again.
- Add the tea while beating, as well as the flour and baking powder.
- Gently add the egg whites to this preparation and mix well without beating.
- In a cake pan greased with butter and sprinkled with flour, pour the preparation into it and pour a tablespoon of honey over the top of the cake and spread evenly.
- Bake in a preheat oven to 200°C or 390°F for about 35 minutes.
There are no comments for this recipe.
You might also like:
Bolinhos de bacalhau, name in Northern Portugal and Brazil or pastéis de bacalhau, name in Central and Southern Portugal, particularly in the Lisbon area.
This Portuguese torresmos brancos (fried pork belly) is quite simple and all you need is three ingredients: water, coarse sea salt and thickly cut pork belly pieces.
Within Portugal's south-western border lies the Algarve region, which is one of the most popular tourist destinations in Europe.