Portuguese Honey and Tea Cake Recipe
Posted in: Cakes / Cheesecakes
Oct 14, 2017
4 out of 5 with 10 ratings
4 eggs1 cup of sugar3 tablespoons of honey, well filled (2 for the cake and 1 for the end)1 cup of hot tea of your choice2 cups of flour1 teaspoon of baking powder
Get Portuguese food & other stuff
This site uses US measurements.
- Separate the egg yolks from the whites, whisk the egg whites until stiff and set aside.
- Beat the egg yolks with the sugar, add the honey and beat again.
- Add the tea while beating, as well as the flour and baking powder.
- Gently add the egg whites to this preparation and mix well without beating.
- In a cake pan greased with butter and sprinkled with flour, pour the preparation into it and pour a tablespoon of honey over the top of the cake and spread evenly.
- Bake in a preheat oven to 200°C or 390°F for about 35 minutes.