Creamy and delicious Portuguese cream of fish soup recipe made with the fish of your choice.
|Preparation time||10 min|
|Cooking Time||45 min|
|Ready In||55 min|
|Level of Difficulty||Easy|
1 lb of fish (cooked and without skin and spines)1 lb of potatoes1/2 lb of carrots2 leeks1 onion2 garlic cloves1/4 cup of olive oilCoriander (to taste)Pepper (to taste)Salt (to taste) Get Portuguese ingredients
- Shred the cooked fish and set aside, keep the cooking water.
- Peel and wash the onion, garlic cloves, potatoes and carrots, cut into small pieces and add to a pot over medium heat.
- Wash the leeks, cut into pieces and add to the pot.
- Add the salt, pepper and a bunch of coriander.
- Cover with cooking water from the fish and bring to a boil for about 35 minutes.
- Remove from the heat, add the olive oil, check the seasoning and add more of the fish water if needed, mash very well with a hand mixer and add the shredded fish.
- Garnish and serve.
There are no comments for this recipe.
You might also like:
Recommended party food ideas, these are great for a family or friends get together and they are all proven favourites.
This dish is a favorite, served in many Portuguese restaurants.
The oldest known book on Portuguese cuisine, entitled Livro de Cozinha da Infanta D. Maria de Portugal, from the 16th century, describes many popular medieval dishes of meat, fish, poultry and others.