Portuguese Olive Oil Cookies Recipe
Posted in: Cookies
Oct 22, 2017
4 out of 5 with 5 ratings
2 cups of sugar4 eggs1 cup of olive oil2 lbs of flour 1 teaspoon of baking powder1 teaspoon of cinnamon1 tablespoon of fennel1 lemon, zest1 egg yolk, for brushing Get Portuguese ingredients & stuff This site uses US measurements.
- Preheat oven to 180°C or 350°F.
- Begin by mixing sugar and eggs well.
- Add the flour, baking powder and olive oil and mix well.
- Add the lemon zest, cinnamon and fennel.
- Beat everything very well until the dough is homogeneous.
- If you find that the dough is still very sticky to your hands, add a little more flour.
- Make small balls and place them in a greased cookie pan also dusted with flour, and brush the balls/cookies with the egg yolk.
- Bake until lightly browned (about 20 minutes).