This is a great Madeiran honey cake with nuts recipe (receita de bolo de mel com nozes), enjoy with family and friends, it's delicious.
|Preparation time||15 min|
|Cooking Time||40 min|
|Ready In||55 min|
|Level of Difficulty||Easy|
2 cups of sugar6 eggs1/2 cup of butter (room temperature) 3 cups of flour1 cup of honey1 cup of milk1 teaspoon of baking powder1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon1 teaspoon of fennel1/4 cup of Port wine1 cup of crushed walnut kernels or other nuts Get Portuguese ingredients
- Preheat oven to 180°C or 350°F.
- Beat the egg yolks with the sugar until it forms a creamy whitish cream.
- While continuing to beat, add the butter, honey, cinnamon, fennel, milk and port wine.
- Add the sifted flour with the baking powder and beat well.
- Beat the egg whites until it's firm, add it to the dough and mix gently.
- Finally add the walnut kernel, and mix well.
- Pour the dough into a greased with margarine and dusted with flour cake form.
- Bake for about 40 minutes.
- Once the cake is cold, unmold and sprinkle with powdered sugar.
There are no comments for this recipe.
You might also like:
Over the years, the Azoreans have developed a cultivation technique that is 100% free of chemical products. The result is considered to be one of the best pineapples in the world.
Christmas is more than just Santa Claus, bright lights and presents. For Christians, the season, marked by the start of Advent, begins a period that culminates with the birth of Jesus.
Learn how to make Portuguese donuts (filhoses) with Angela Castro from the Olive Branch, this recipe makes a small batch.