Madeiran Honey Cake with Nuts Recipe
Posted in: CakesSun, Oct 22, 2017
3 out of 5 with 20 ratings
Views: 19162 - Comments 0
2 cups of sugar6 eggs1/2 cup of butter (room temperature) 3 cups of flour1 cup of honey1 cup of milk1 teaspoon of baking powder1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon1 teaspoon of fennel1/4 cup of Port wine1 cup of crushed walnut kernels or other nuts Get Portuguese ingredients
- Preheat oven to 180°C or 350°F.
- Beat the egg yolks with the sugar until it forms a creamy whitish cream.
- While continuing to beat, add the butter, honey, cinnamon, fennel, milk and port wine.
- Add the sifted flour with the baking powder and beat well.
- Beat the egg whites until it's firm, add it to the dough and mix gently.
- Finally add the walnut kernel, and mix well.
- Pour the dough into a greased with margarine and dusted with flour cake form.
- Bake for about 40 minutes.
- Once the cake is cold, unmold and sprinkle with powdered sugar.
Recipe & Photo Credit: Julieta Venâncio, RECEITAS DE CULINÁRIA *