Portuguese Steak with Beer Sauce Recipe
- Sprinkle the steaks on both sides with salt and pepper.
- Over medium to high heat, fry the steaks on both sides in a skillet with 2 tablespoons of butter (fry it from medium rare to medium well).
- Place steaks aside and keep them warm.
- In another skillet, heat half of the butter and the garlic puree until it turns light brown.
- Add remaining butter, the bay leaves and mustard and bring to a boil without stopping whisking.
- Add the beer and bring to a boil again to evaporate the alcohol (around 5 minutes boiling).
- Whisk the cream and egg yolks seasoned with salt and pepper and add it to the sauce.
- Turn the heat to low and keep whisking the sauce without stopping.
- Check seasoning, adding more salt and pepper if necessary.
- Turn off the heat when you get a homogenized sauce (do not overcook or you will get a sauce with small chunks of egg in it).
- Serve the steaks in deep warmed plates with plenty of sauce, the fried egg on top and some crispy french-fried potatoes on the side.
You Might Also Like These