This walnut cake recipe is delicious and easy to make, it makes a great snack or dessert.
|Preparation time||10 min|
|Cooking Time||45 min|
|Ready In||55 min|
|Level of Difficulty||Easy|
6 eggs1 1/2 cup of sugar1 cup of butter1 1/2 cups chopped walnuts1 pack of crushed maria biscuitsFilling:2 cans of condensed milk1 tablespoon of cocoa powder1 egg yolk Get Portuguese ingredients
- Heat the oven to 180°C or 360°F.
- Beat 6 egg whites with half the sugar and set aside.
- Beat 6 egg yolks with the butter and remaining sugar.
- Add the beaten egg whites, the walnuts and the biscuits to the yolks and mix gently.
- Pour into a greased and floured form.
- Bake for about 30 minutes, let it cool and cut in half so you have two layers.
- Heat the condensed milk, the cocoa powder and the the one egg yolk left and cook until it thickens, without stopping to stir.
- Spread this filling over one layer of the cake, add the second cake layer on top and use the remaining cream on top.
There are no comments for this recipe.
You might also like:
Learn how to make Portuguese holy ghost soup (sopas do espírito santo) in this video with Michael Santos.
Angela Castro - The Olive Branch shows you how to make Portuguese coscorões on this step by step video.
We share interesting Portugal Facts and how the Portuguese culture has spread around the world as a result of cultural diffusion to the global community.