Portuguese Walnut Cake Recipe
Posted in: Cake RecipesWed, Oct 25, 2017
4 out of 5 with 9 ratings
6 eggs1 1/2 cup of sugar1 cup of butter1 1/2 cups chopped walnuts1 pack of crushed maria biscuitsFilling:2 cans of condensed milk1 tablespoon of cocoa powder1 egg yolk * Get Portuguese ingredients & stuff
- Heat the oven to 180°C or 360°F.
- Beat 6 egg whites with half the sugar and set aside.
- Beat 6 egg yolks with the butter and remaining sugar.
- Add the beaten egg whites, the walnuts and the biscuits to the yolks and mix gently.
- Pour into a greased and floured form.
- Bake for about 30 minutes, let it cool and cut in half so you have two layers.
- Heat the condensed milk, the cocoa powder and the the one egg yolk left and cook until it thickens, without stopping to stir.
- Spread this filling over one layer of the cake, add the second cake layer on top and use the remaining cream on top.
Like this Recipe? Leave a comment!