Portuguese Quick Bread Recipe
Posted in: Breads / Rolls
Oct 26, 2017
3 out of 5 with 167 ratings
6 cups of white flour1 cup of whole wheat flour1 sachet of instant dry yeast1 tablespoon of coarse salt3 cups of warm water
Get Portuguese groceries & other stuff
This site uses US measurements.
- Mix all the ingredients in the order indicated above with a wooden spoon, it is not necessary to knead.
- Let the dough rise in a warm place, between 2 to 5 hours.
- After it has leavened, form balls out of the the dough and carefully place them in a tray lined with non-stick paper dusted with flour.
- Let it sit for about 40 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C or 390°F and bake for 20 minutes.
You can bake as many as you want, and store the rest in the refrigerator, up to 15 days).