Portuguese Lemon Cake with Icing Recipe
Posted in: Cakes / Cheesecakes
Oct 27, 2017
5 out of 5 with 3 ratings
1 1/2 cups of sugar3 cups of flour1/2 cup of oil4 medium eggs1 cup of milk1 teaspoon of baking powder1/2 teaspoon of lemon zestJuice of 1 medium lemonIcing: 1 can of condensed milkJuice of 3 large lemonsLemon zest to garnish Get these ingredients & more
- Preheat the oven to 180°C or 350°F.
- In a bowl sieve the flour together with the baking powder, add the lemon zest and set aside.
- In a blender, place the eggs, the oil, lemon juice and sugar and beat for 2 minutes.
- Grease a cake form with a hole in the middle, and set aside.
- Pour the blender mixture into the bowl with the flour mix, add the milk and stir well.
- Pour into the greased cake form and bake for 25 minutes or until the surface is golden brown (Do the toothpick test).
- Leave it in the oven for two minutes with the door open, remove it from the oven and unmold when it's cold.
- Mix the condensed milk with the lemon juice.
- Pour it over the top of the cake and garnish with the lemon zest.