This Portuguese Sunday cod recipe makes a great Sunday meal for up to 4 people, enjoy.
|Preparation time||15 min|
|Cooking Time||50 min|
|Ready In||1 h 5 min|
|Level of Difficulty||Easy|
3 cod slices, previously soaked in water4 eggs1 onion6 potatoes150 ml of olive oil6 to 8 shrimp2 garlic cloves1/2 lemon, juice2 tablespoons of whiskeyFresh parsleySalt (to taste)White pepper (to taste)Sweet pepper (to taste) Get Portuguese ingredients
- Season the shrimp with salt, pepper, 1 clove of garlic, and the lemon juice.
- Peel the potatoes, cut them into slices and cook it in water with salt (to taste).
- Once the potatoes are cooked, put them aside.
- Cook the eggs for about 6 minutes and set them aside as well.
- Preheat oven to 210ºC or 400ºF.
- Cut the onion in slices and place it on the bottom of pyrex dish.
- Scatter the other (chopped) garlic clove over the onion, and do the same with the (shredded) cod.
- Drizzle with olive oil and bake for about 15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and add the potato slices over the cod.
- Chop the boiled eggs and add it over the potatoes as well.
- Bake for another 5 minutes.
- Heat a frying pan with a string of olive oil.
- Add the shrimp and sprinkle with half a spoon of sweet pepper.
- Let it cook a little, than turn the shrimp, sprinkle with some sweet pepper again and let it cook a bit.
- Once both sides of the shrimp is cooked, add the whiskey and allow it to evaporate.
- Remove the shrimp from the heat and garnish with parsley.
There are no comments for this recipe.
You might also like:
Angela Castro - The Olive Branch shows you how to make Portuguese coscorões on this step by step video.
For many, the best beaches in Portugal are in the Algarve. But the country's coast stretches for 1,700km and beautiful beaches exist in less touristy areas.
Portugal is undoubtedly one of the most under-rated vacation destinations in all of Europe. It is a beautiful country with a rich history and culture, as well as a warm and welcoming climate.