Portuguese Sunday Cod Recipe
Posted in: Fish / Seafood
Oct 29, 2017
3 out of 5 with 2 ratings
3 cod slices, previously soaked in water4 eggs1 onion6 potatoes150 ml of olive oil6 to 8 shrimp2 garlic cloves1/2 lemon, juice2 tablespoons of whiskeyFresh parsleySalt (to taste)White pepper (to taste)Sweet pepper (to taste)
Get Portuguese food & other stuff
This site uses US measurements.
- Season the shrimp with salt, pepper, 1 clove of garlic, and the lemon juice.
- Peel the potatoes, cut them into slices and cook it in water with salt (to taste).
- Once the potatoes are cooked, put them aside.
- Cook the eggs for about 6 minutes and set them aside as well.
- Preheat oven to 210ºC or 400ºF.
- Cut the onion in slices and place it on the bottom of pyrex dish.
- Scatter the other (chopped) garlic clove over the onion, and do the same with the (shredded) cod.
- Drizzle with olive oil and bake for about 15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and add the potato slices over the cod.
- Chop the boiled eggs and add it over the potatoes as well.
- Bake for another 5 minutes.
- Heat a frying pan with a string of olive oil.
- Add the shrimp and sprinkle with half a spoon of sweet pepper.
- Let it cook a little, than turn the shrimp, sprinkle with some sweet pepper again and let it cook a bit.
- Once both sides of the shrimp is cooked, add the whiskey and allow it to evaporate.
- Remove the shrimp from the heat and garnish with parsley.