This Portuguese chouriço and bacon bread recipe is loaded with goodness, it's great comfort food.
|Preparation time||15 min|
|Cooking Time||50 min|
|Ready In||1 h 5 min|
|Level of Difficulty||Easy|
3 and 1/4 cups of flour1/2 cup of oil2 eggs3/4 cup of milk1 teaspoon of baking powder1 chouriço sausage3 and 1/2 ounces of sliced ham3 and 1/2 ounces of smoked bacon (not cubed)1/2 onionOlive oil (to taste) Get Portuguese ingredients
- Preheat the oven to 180°C or 350°F.
- Cut the chouriço, smoked bacon and ham into small bite pieces.
- Chop the onion and saute it with a little olive oil.
- When browned, combine the chopped meat and let it cook until some of the fat is released and put aside (discard excess fat).
- Beat the eggs with the oil until they foam, add the milk and beat again.
- Add the flour and the baking powder and mix everything very well.
- Add the sauteed meat to the batter and mix everything.
- Pour the batter into a greased with butter and dusted with flour bread loaf pan and bake for about 30 minutes or until a toothpick comes out dry.
I made this with self rising flour so not sure in cast iron skillet .it looks good! hope not crumbly Think next time would add little cheese to make it hold little better.
7 months ago, Sunday, April 23, 2023
You might also like:
Every year in July the city of Águeda bursts with colour and cheerfulness.
This young American couple find paradise in Peniche, Portugal, and the Berlenga Island.
Learn how to make Portuguese peas and chouriço with Angela from Angela Castro- The Olive Branch.