Portuguese Chouriço & Bacon Bread Recipe
Posted in: Breads / Rolls
Oct 30, 2017
2 out of 5 with 7 ratings
3 and 1/4 cups of flour1/2 cup of oil2 eggs3/4 cup of milk1 teaspoon of baking powder1 chouriço sausage3 and 1/2 ounces of sliced ham3 and 1/2 ounces of smoked bacon (not cubed)1/2 onionOlive oil (to taste)Get these ingredients now
- Preheat the oven to 180°C or 350°F.
- Cut the chouriço, smoked bacon and ham into small bite pieces.
- Chop the onion and saute it with a little olive oil.
- When browned, combine the chopped meat and let it cook until some of the fat is released and put aside (discard excess fat).
- Beat the eggs with the oil until they foam, add the milk and beat again.
- Add the flour and the baking powder and mix everything very well.
- Add the sauteed meat to the batter and mix everything.
- Pour the batter into a greased with butter and dusted with flour bread loaf pan and bake for about 30 minutes or until a toothpick comes out dry.