Portuguese Lemon Biscuits Recipe
Posted in: Snacks
Oct 30, 2017
3 out of 5 with 21 ratings
1 cup of butter1 cup of sugar1 lemon (juice and zest)2 eggs1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract1 teaspoon of cinnamon1 teaspoon of baking powder4 and 2/3 cups of flour
Get Portuguese food & other stuff
This site uses US measurements.
- In a bowl, beat the butter and sugar well until creamy.
- Add the lemon juice and zest, the 2 eggs and the vanilla extract.
- Beat well until the mixture becomes homogeneous.
- Add the flour, cinnamon and baking powder and knead well with your hands until the dough is not very sticky.
- Wrap the dough in sticky film and place it in the refrigerator for about 1 hour.
- After 1 hour, preheat oven to 180°C or 350°F.
- Grease a couple of cookie trays.
- Shape the dough into donuts or other shapes of your choice, place them on the trays and bake them for about 15 minutes or until slightly browned.
- Cool them on a wire rack.