The very popular and delicious Portuguese bifana recipe is great for lunch or a simple meal.
|Preparation time||10 min|
|Cooking Time||40 min|
|Ready In||50 min|
|Level of Difficulty||Easy|
1 kg of pork loin, cut into thin slices1 onion or more, chopped6 garlic cloves, chopped2 tablespoons of tomato paste8 1/2 fluid ounces of white wine1 beer3 tablespoons of olive oil1 Beef Knorr (beef stock cube)1 bay leafPiri-piri sauce or Tobasco sauce (to taste)Salt (to taste) Get Portuguese ingredients
- In a pan with the olive oil, cook the onion and garlic until it starts to brown.
- When the onion and garlic is browned, add the beer, the tomato paste, the bay leaf, the beef knorr, the white wine and piri-piri sauce and salt to taste.
- Let it boil for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Now add the pork slices and cook for about 20 to 25 minutes.
- Serve on a bun, with chips or a salad on the side.
7 months ago, Sunday, April 30, 2023
1 year ago, Thursday, July 14, 2022
You might also like:
During the fall and winter you can freeze the chestnuts you have in excess. It's an easy process that ensures you have good quality chestnuts for use all year round!
A classic Portuguese recipe with pan fried steak topped with a Friday egg drizzled with a butter sauce.
On this video, Michael Santos shows you how to make Azorean fresh cheese (queijo fresco).