Portuguese Pork Bifana Recipe
Posted in: Sandwiches / Wraps
Nov 1, 2017
4 out of 5 with 65 ratings
1 kg of pork loin, cut into thin slices1 onion, chopped6 garlic cloves, chopped2 tablespoons of tomato paste8 1/2 fluid ounces of white wine1 beer3 tablespoons of olive oil1 Beef Knorr (beef stock cube)1 bay leafPiri-piri sauce or Tobasco sauce (to taste)Salt (to taste)
Get Portuguese food & other stuff
This site uses US measurements.
- In a pan with the olive oil, cook the onion and garlic until it starts to brown.
- When the onion and garlic is browned, add the beer, the tomato paste, the bay leaf, the beef knorr, the white wine and piri-piri sauce and salt to taste.
- Let it boil for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Now add the pork slices and cook for about 20 to 25 minutes.
- Serve on a bun, with chips or a salad on the side.