How to make deviled Portuguese grilled lobsters.
|Preparation time||15 min|
|Cooking Time||25 min|
|Ready In||40 min|
|Level of Difficulty||Easy|
4 1 1/2 -pound live lobsters12 tablespoons unsalted butter1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil1/3 pound linguica (Portuguese sausage)6 cloves garlic, chopped1 3/4 cups panko (coarse Japanese breadcrumbs)1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley, plus more for garnish3 tablespoons minced chivesJuice of 1 lemon, plus lemon wedges for garnishKosher salt and freshly ground pepper Get Portuguese ingredients
- Place the lobster headfirst into salted boiling water and cook it for 1 minute, remove and drain.
- Preheat a grill to medium heat.
- Melt the butter with the olive oil in a small skillet over medium heat. Add the sausage and cook until the fat begins to render, 1 to 2 minutes. Add the garlic and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute. Pour about half of the butter-oil into a bowl and keep warm; leave the sausage in the skillet. Add the panko to the skillet; cook, tossing, until crisp and golden, about 5 minutes. Stir in the parsley, chives and lemon juice and season with salt and pepper.
- Brush the lobster tails and cavities with some of the reserved butter-oil; season with salt and pepper. Firmly pack the breadcrumb mixture into the cavities and onto the tails; drizzle with more of the reserved butter-oil.
- Place the lobsters on the grill shell-side down; cover with a disposable aluminum pan and cook until the shells turn red and the stuffing is crisp, 12 to 15 minutes. Sprinkle with parsley; serve with lemon wedges and the remaining butter-oil for dipping.
There are no comments for this recipe.
You might also like:
This is a list of the top 5 most popular Portuguese cod recipes on PortugueseRecipes.ca.
Portugal is easily one of Europe’s most visited countries, thanks in large part to its affordability, ideal holiday weather, and its incomparable attractions.
Sete Cidades is the most beautiful place in the Azores. This volcanic crater with its luminescent green and blue lakes is absolutely stunning and a must-visit during your trip.