Portuguese Lemon Roasted Chicken Recipe
Posted in: Poultry
Nov 5, 2017
3 out of 5 with 9 ratings
1 whole chicken1 lemon and a half1 chicken Knorr cube (broth)2 bay leaves1/2 cup of white wineolive oil (to taste)Thyme (to taste)Salt (to taste)
Get groceries & other stuff
This site uses US measurements.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C or 350°F.
- Wash the chicken thoroughly.
- Place it on a baking sheet.
- Cut a lemon into quarters and arrange the lemon and the Knorr broth cube inside the chicken.
- Scrub the chicken with salt.
- Put a little olive oil on the bottom of the tray and also drizzle a little olive oil over the chicken.
- Pour the half cup of white wine in the bottom of the tray, the sprig of thyme, the two bay leaves and the half lemon cut in half.
- Bake the chicken for about 1 hour and 15 minutes, basting it with the juices at the bottom of the tray about every 15 minutes.
- Serve with fries and a salad, you can also accompany with rice.